If This Is Isn’t Your First DWI, We Can Help.
Anyone who has ever been arrested for DWI once in Texas knows how serious and expensive the penalties can be. Anyone who has ever been charged multiple times knows that the punishment can remain on record for a lifetime.
Arrested For DWI In Texas Again? Call 210-617-3925 Now.
We are the multiple-offense DWI attorneys at Vela & Del Fierro, PLLC, Attorneys at Law, in San Antonio, ready to fight aggressively to help you protect your rights and your future. If this is your second DWI arrest, you may be facing up to one year in state jail. If you have been arrested three or more times, you may be charged with a felony, ruining your record for a lifetime.
Penalties For Multiple DWI Arrests In Texas
Second-offense DWI possible penalties – class A misdemeanor
- Jail: minimum 30 days, maximum one year
- Fine: up to $4,000
- Suspended license: minimum 180 days, maximum two years
- Community service: Typically not less than 80 hours
- Other: possible deep lung air device and alcohol or drug rehabilitation
Third and subsequent offense DWI possible penalties – third-degree felony
- Jail: minimum two years, maximum 10 years in Texas state penitentiary or residential rehabilitative treatment center
- Fine: up to $10,000
- Revoked license: two years
- Community service: minimum 160 hours, maximum 600 hours
- Other: deep lung air device; probation
- Other: special assessment fees by the Department of Public Safety as a repeat offender
If You’ve Been Charged, Our Lawyers Can Help.
We will work aggressively to help you get the best possible outcome for your multiple-offense DWI charge, which means working to get your charges dismissed or reduced. It may also mean finding the right rehabilitative program, and probation and community service options to help you avoid a long jail sentence, if possible.
From our offices in San Antonio, we provide aggressive DWI defense for individuals charged with DWI in Bexar County and communities throughout Texas. Call us immediately at 210-617-3925 or send an email requesting a return call to schedule a consultation.